13.2. Deploying EAR and WAR Files
discoverycommand. This runs a discovery scan.
- Search for the JBoss server instance to which to deploy the EAR or WAR.
- On the details page for the selected JBoss server instance, open the Inventory tab.
- In the Create New menu at the bottom, select the item for or , as appropriate.
- Enter the version number.This is not used for the resource. The actual version number is calculated based on the spec version and implementation version in
MANIFEST.MF, if any are given, or the calculated SHA-256 value for the package itself:
SPEC(IMPLEMENTATION)[sha256=abcd1234]If no version numbers are defined in
MANIFEST.MF, then the SHA value is used. The SHA value is always used to identify the package version internally.
NoteWhen the EAR or WAR file is exploded after it is deployed, the
MANIFEST.MFfile is updated to include the calculated SHA version number. For example:
Manifest-Version: 1.0 Created-By: Apache Maven
RHQ-Sha256: 570f196c4a1025a717269d16d11d6f37...For more information on package versioning, see "Deploying Applications and Content".
- Upload the EAR/WAR file.
- Enter the information for the application to be deployed.
- Whether the file should be exploded (unzipped) when it is deployed.
- The path to the directory to which to deploy the EAR or WAR package. The destination directory is relative to the JBoss server instance installation directory; this cannot contain an absolute path or go up a parent directory.
- Whether to back up any existing file with the same name in the target directory.
Figure 13.1. WAR Child Resource