9.2. Deploying Bundles to a Resource
- In the top menu, click the Bundles tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and click thebutton.Alternatively, click the name of the bundle in the list, and then click the deploy button at the top of the bundle page.
- Select the bundles to deploy from the list on the left and use the arrows to move them to the box on the right.
- Once the bundles are selected, define the destination information.The destination is a combination of the resources the bundle is deployed on and the directory to which is it deployed. Each destination is uniquely defined for each bundle.To define the destination, first select the resource group from the Resource drop-down menu. The resource group identifies the type of resource to which the bundle is being deployed, and the resource type defines other deployment parameters. When the group is selected, then the base location is defined. For a platform, this is the root directory. For a JBoss AS instance, it is the installation directory. For custom resources, the base location is defined in the plug-in descriptor.
NoteIf you haven't created a compatible group or if you want to create a new group specifically for this bundle deployment, click the
+icon to create the group. Then, continue with the provisioning process.Set the actual deployment directory to which to deploy the bundle. This directory is a relative path to the plug-in-defined base location.
- Select the version of the bundle to deploy. If there are multiple versions of a bundle available, then any of those versions can be selected. There are also quick options to deploy the latest version or the currently deployed version.
- If there are any user-defined properties, then they are entered in the fields in the next page. User-defined properties are configured in the bundle recipe using tokens.
- Fill in the information about the specific deployment instance. The checkbox sets the option on whether to overwrite anything in the existing deployment directory or whether to preserve any existing files.
- The final screen shows the progress for deploying the packages. Click Finish to complete the deployment.