Chapter 9. Deploy your first Image
At this stage, you are ready to get a basic Hello World image deployed and running in your OpenShift instance.
- Log in to the OpenShift web console at https://master.openshift.example.com:8443/console/. Use the username and password that you created in the roles and authentication section.
Click on New Project and enter the name of the project as
hello-openshift. The next screen will show you the available images to add to your project. Since we only set up storage for the registry image, we will only be able to add those images that don’t require persistence.
- Click on a desired image. For testing purposes, select jenkins-ephemeral.
- You don’t need to change any details for this image. Click Create to create the image and start the deployment of this image as a pod.
- Click Continue to Overview and wait for the Jenkins pod to be deployed. The pod is deployed once the pod’s outline becomes blue and 1 appears in the middle of it. This may take a few minutes.
- The pod, once deployed, will allow you to play with your Jenkins instance. The link to this instance is displayed in the Overview page, next to the pod and will be similar to https://jenkins-hello-openshift.apps.openshift.example.com/.
You have successfully installed OpenShift and deployed your first pod!