Chapter 3. Downloading Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works
3.1. About the Red Hat Customer Portal
- Manage and maintain Red Hat entitlements and support contracts;
- Download officially-supported software;
- Access product documentation and the Red Hat Knowledgebase;
- Contact Global Support Services; and
- File bugs against Red Hat products.
3.2. JBoss Fuse Service Works 6.0.0 Packages for Download
|Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works 6.0.0 Javadocs for Run-Time Governance||Javadocs for Run-Time Governance.|
|Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works 6.0.0 Javadocs for S-RAMP||Javadocs for S-RAMP.|
|Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works 6.0.0 Javadocs for SwitchYard||Javadocs for SwitchYard.|
|Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works 6.0.0 Maven Repository||Red Hat provides a Maven repository containing artifacts required to build applications for Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works. This package enables users to setup the repository offline.|
|Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works 6.0.0 Source Code||The source code package contains the complete source code for the Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works product.|
|Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works 6.0.0 Installer||Red Hat provides this tool to simplify product installation. The installer can be run with a graphical interface or from a script on the command line.|
3.3. Download Files from the Red Hat Customer Portal
- Before you begin this task, you need a Customer Portal account. Browse to https://access.redhat.com and click the Register link in the upper right corner to create an account.
Procedure 3.1. Log in and Download Files from the Red Hat Customer Portal
- Browse to https://access.redhat.com and click the Log in link in the top right corner. Enter your credentials and click Log In.Result
You are logged into RHN and you are returned to the main web page at https://access.redhat.com.
Navigate to the Downloads page.Use one of the following options to navigate to the Downloads page.
- Click the Downloads link in the top navigation bar.
- Navigate directly to https://access.redhat.com/downloads/.
Select the product and version to download.Use one of the following ways to choose the correct product and version to download.
- Step through the navigation one level at a time.
- Search for your product using the search area at the top right-hand side of the screen.
Download the appropriate file for your operating system and installation method of choice.Depending on the product you choose, you may have the choice of a Zip archive, RPM, or native installer for a specific operating system and architecture. Click either the file name or the Download link to the right of the file you want to download.
The file is downloaded to your computer.
3.4. Checksum Validation
3.5. Verify Downloaded Files
Procedure 3.2. Verify File Checksums on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Obtain checksum values for the downloaded file
- Navigate to https://access.redhat.com/jbossnetwork/. Login if required.
- Select your Product and Version.
- Select the package you want to verify to navigate to the Software Details page.
- Take note of the MD5 and SHA-256 checksum values.
Run a checksum tool on the file
- Navigate to the directory containing the downloaded file in a terminal window.
[localhost]$ md5sum downloaded_file 4564d1a5190110dbe8170e50d7353a97 downloaded_file [localhost]$ sha256sum downloaded_file 25b6bd3c5f47b316639b014d041cdb6a515e3a4a32d30a479141cd8ceecb853e downloaded_file
Compare the checksum values
- Compare the checksum values returned by the
sha256sumcommands with the corresponding values displayed on the Software Details page.
- Download the file again if the two checksum values are not identical. A difference between the checksum values indicates that the file has either been corrupted during download or has been modified since it was uploaded to the server. Contact Red Hat Support for assistance if after several downloads the checksum does not successfully validate.
- The downloaded file is safe to use if the two checksum values are identical.
The integrity of the downloaded file is verified.