Appendix A. Quickstart Applications
A.1. About Quickstart Applications
EAP_HOME/quickstartsdirectory of your installation.
A.2. Sample SwitchYard Quickstarts
- The RemoteInvoker serves as a remote invocation client for SwitchYard services. It allows non-SwitchYard applications to invoke any service in SwitchYard which uses a <binding.sca> binding. It is also used by the internal clustering channel to facilitate intra-cluster communication between instances.
- Implements a service using a CDI bean and exposes it through a SOAP gateway.
- Uses BPMN 2 to provide and utilize SwitchYard services.
- This is a basic routing example that uses XML and Java DSL Camel routes.
- Demonstrates how a Camel component can be used as a SwitchYard gateway.
- Launches a web application which invokes a SwitchYard service from a JSF.
NoteYou can find additional quickstarts by going to the
A.3. Using SwitchYard Quickstarts
- Maven 3.0.x must be installed.
NoteRun the following command to verify that Maven is installed successfully on your machine:
Procedure A.1. Task
- Open a terminal.
- Navigate to a quickstart directory under
EAP_HOME/quickstarts/switchyardwhere the project
pom.xmlfile for the quickstart application is located. For example:
- Run the following command:
mvn clean install
The quickstart compiles and is ready for use.
A.4. Running Quickstarts from JBoss Developer Studio
This topic demonstrates how to import a quickstart application to JBoss Developer Studio and then deploy it to a running application server.
The JBoss Integration and SOA Development tools must be installed from the JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack.
Procedure A.2. Task
- Open JBoss Developer Studio.
- Click→ → → .
- Selectand navigate to the quickstart directory, for example,
EAP_HOME/quickstarts/switchyard/bean-serviceand then select .The import tool will scan the directory to locate the associated
- The quickstart is listed in the Project Explorer tab. You can expand the project to explore its contents.
- In the Project Explorer tab, right-click on the project's name and click→ → .
The quickstart application is deployed to the server and will be enabled by default.