Chapter 5. Setting Up the Server
5.1. Add JBoss EAP Server
- In JBoss Developer Studio, click theview. If the view is not visible, click → → .
- If no servers have been previously created then the Servers view displays a new server hyperlink. Click this link to create a new server.If there are one or more existing servers, right-click an existing server and click→ .
- In the Define a New Server dialog, select a JBoss Enterprise Application Platform server from the Select the server type list.
- The Server's host name and Server name fields are completed by default. In the Server name field, you can type a custom name by which to identify the server in the Servers view.
- From the Server runtime environment list, select an existing server runtime environment for the application server type. Alternatively, to create a new runtime environment click and complete the fields and options as appropriate.
NoteIf the Server runtime environment field is not shown, no server runtime environments exist for the selected application server type. To create a new server runtime environment without canceling the wizard, clickand complete the fields and options as appropriate.
- The server behavior options displayed vary depending on the selected application server type. To specify that the server life-cycle is to be managed from outside the IDE, select the Server is externally managed check box.To specify that the server should be launched to respond to requests on all hostnames, select the Listen on all interfaces to allow remote web connections check box.From the location list, select Local. Click Next.
NoteThe Expose your management port as the server's hostname option, which enables management commands sent by the IDE to be successfully received by the server, is bypassed for local servers regardless of whether the check box is selected.
- To select applications to deploy with this server, from the Available list select the applications and click Add. Applications to be deployed are detailed in the Configured list.
- Clickto create the server.
The new server appears in the list of servers in the Servers panel.