Chapter 1. About Red Hat JBoss Fuse Tooling
Using Red Hat JBoss Fuse Tooling simplifies and streamlines the process of developing integration applications by providing tooling that is specifically designed to work with:
- Red Hat JBoss Fuse
- Red Hat JBoss EAP
- Red Hat JBoss A-MQ
- Apache Camel
- Apache CXF
- Apache Karaf
You can also develop Fuse projects using Maven (for details, see Developing and Deploying Applications).
Using the Red Hat JBoss Fuse Tooling streamlines the process at all stages of application development:
Create a Maven project for your application.
The tooling loads all of the relevant Maven archetypes for creating integration projects using the Red Hat supported Apache projects.
Add new pieces of logic and functionality to an application.
The tooling has a wizard for creating Apache Camel context files.
Edit the integration logic.
The tooling has a visual route editor that makes editing Apache Camel routes as easy as dragging and dropping routing components.
Debug your local Camel context.
The tooling includes a full-featured Camel debugger for debugging locally running Camel contexts.
Test the application.
The tooling includes testing tools that provide the full gamut of testing capabilities including:
- Creating and using JUnit test cases on Apache Camel routes
- Using JMX to analyze running components
- Tracing messages through Apache Camel routes
Deploy the application.
The tooling can deploy applications to a number of containers.
See the Fuse Tooling tutorials for step-by-step instructions on:
- Creating a Route
- Running a Route
- Adding a Content-Based Router
- Adding Another Route to the CBR Routing Context
- Debugging a Routing Context
- Tracing a Message Through a Route
- Testing a Route with JUnit
- Publishing a Fuse Project to Red Hat JBoss Fuse