Red Hat Training
A Red Hat training course is available for Red Hat Fuse
Chapter 5. Switchyard Project
A SwitchYard project is a Maven based project with the following characteristics:
- a switchyard.xml file in the project's META-INF folder
- one or more SwitchYard runtime dependencies declared in the pom.xml file
- org.switchyard:switchyard-plugin Maven Old Java Object (MOJO) configured in the pom.xml file
A SwitchYard project may also contain a variety of other resources used to implement the application, for example: Java, BPMN2, DRL, BPEL, WSDL, XSD, and XML files.
The JBoss Developer Studio tooling supports the creation of new SwitchYard projects. The tooling also allows users to add SwitchYard capabilities to existing Maven projects.
5.1. Creating a New SwitchYard Project
Use the New SwitchYard Project wizard to create new SwitchYard project in your workspace.
The wizard creates a new project with the following structure:
pom.xmlfile declaring SwitchYard runtime dependencies and configuration for the switchyard-plugin MOJO
- a folder hierarchy for the specified Java package
Procedure 5.1. Create a New SwitchYard Project
- Click File → New → Project to start the New Project wizard. Click SwitchYard → SwitchYard Project and then click Next.
- Enter the name and location for the new project and then click Next.
- Provide other details for the project.The library version can be specified directly using the Library Version field or indirectly by selecting a Target Runtime. Selecting a target runtime sets the library version to match the version provided by the target runtime.NoteIt is not necessary to select any components when creating the project. The tooling automatically configures components on the project as necessary.
- Click Finish to create the new project.
The SwitchYard editor displays the
switchyard.xmlfile for the newly created SwitchYard project after the wizard finishes.