19.3. Installing a Rollup Patch as a New Installation
A rollup patch is a new build
Installing the new build
- Identify which rollup patch you need to install and download it from the Customer Portal. For more details, see Section 19.2, “Finding the Right Patches to Apply”.
- Unzip the rollup patch file to a convenient location, just as you would with a regular GA distribution. This is your new installation of JBoss Fuse.
Comparison with patch process
- This approach is only for creating a completely new installation of JBoss Fuse. If your existing installation already has a lot of custom configuration, this might not be the most convenient approach to use.
- The new build includes only the artifacts and configuration for the new patch level. There is thus no concept of rolling back to the GA version.
- If you create a new fabric (using
fabric:create), the default fabric profiles are already at the new patch level (same as the standalone container). It is therefore not necessary to patch the fabric.