19.2. Finding the Right Patches to Apply
Locate the patches on the customer portal
- Login to the Red Hat Customer Portal using your customer account. This account must be associated with an appropriate Red Hat software subscription, otherwise you will not be able to see the patch downloads for JBoss Fuse.
- Navigate to the customer portal Software Downloads page.
- In the Product dropdown menu, select the appropriate product (for example, A-MQ or Fuse), and then select the version, 6.3, from the Version dropdown menu. A table of downloads now appears, which has three tabs: Releases, Patches, and Security Advisories.
- Click the Releases tab to view the GA product releases.
- Click the Patches tab the rollup patches, and the regular incremental patches (with no security-related fixes).
- Click the Security Advisories tab to view the incremental patches with security-related fixes.
Types of patch
- Rollup patches
- Incremental patches
- Each rollup patch file is a complete new build of the official target distribution. This means you can unzip the rollup patch file to obtain a completely new installation of JBoss Fuse, just as if it was a fresh download of the product (which, in fact, it is). See Section 19.3, “Installing a Rollup Patch as a New Installation”.
- You can also treat the rollup patch as a regular patch, using it to upgrade an existing installation. That is, you can provide the rollup patch file as an argument to the standalone patch console commands (for example,
patch:install) or the Fabric patch console command,
Which patches are needed to update the GA product to the latest patch level?
- If the only patches released so far are patches with GA baseline (Patch 1, Patch 2, and so on), apply the latest of these patches directly to the GA product.
- If a rollup patch has been released and no patches have been released after the latest rollup patch, simply apply the latest rollup patch to the GA product.
- If the latest patch is a patch with a rollup baseline, you must apply two patches to the GA product, as follows:
- Apply the latest rollup patch, and then
- Apply the latest patch with a rollup baseline.