Chapter 36. WSDL-First Service Implementation
36.1. WSDL-First Overview
Service Endpoint Interface (SEI)
- Base type of the Web service implementation (server side)—you define the Web service by implementing the SEI.
- Proxy type (client side)—on the client side, you use the SEI to invoke operations on the client proxy object.
The CustomerService demonstration
CustomerServiceWeb service using the WSDL-first approach.
Figure 36.1. Building a WSDL-First Web Service
Implementing and building the service
- Create the WSDL contract.
- Generate the Java stub code from the WSDL contract using a WSDL-to-Java converter,
ws2java. This gives you the SEI,
CustomerService, and its related classes, such as
- Write the implementation of the SEI,
- Instantiate the Web service endpoint, by adding the appropriate code to a Spring XML file.