zk:create — create a znode
- The new znode is permanently stored in the ZooKeeper registry. This is the default.
- Persistent sequential
- The new znode is permanently stored in the ZooKeeper registry and a 10-digit sequence number is appended to the specified znode name. Selected by the
- The new znode exists only for the duration of the current client session. When the session is over, the znode is removed. Selected by the
- Ephemeral sequential
- The new znode exists only for the duration of the current client session and a 10-digit sequence number is appended to the specified znode name. When the session is over, the znode is removed. Selected by combining the
--ephemeraloption with the
- The permissions apply to all users.
- The permissions apply to all authenticated users, irrespective of their identity (the
IDfield is left empty).
- The permissions apply to the user whose username and password generate the specified MD5 hash value,
- The permissions apply to the ZooKeeper client with the specified IP address.
Permissionsstring consists of one or more of the following characters:
a(admin). For example, to create a new znode that explicitly grants all permissions to all users (which is, in fact, the default), you could use a command like the following:
karaf@root> zk:create --acl world:anyone:rwcda /path/to/the/new/znode
/fabric/path using the
zk:createcommand. These registry nodes should only be created through the
fabricconsole commands—see Chapter 10, Fabric Console Commands.
Table 24.1. zk:create Arguments
|Displays the online help for this command|
|Automatically create any missing parent nodes in the specified path.|
|Interpret the data argument as a URL that locates a resource containing the initial data for the new znode.|
|Make the new znode epehemeral, so that it is automatically deleted after the current ZooKeeper client session closes.|
|Make the new znode sequential, which implies that a unique 10-digit suffix is appended to the znode name.|
|Specifies the znode's ACL as a comma-separated list, where each entry in the list has the format, |
|Overwrite the existing znode at this location, if there is one.|
|(Required) Path of the znode to create.|
|Initial data for the node or, if |