Chapter 1. Installing and uninstalling JBoss EAP using archive installation method
1.1. JBoss EAP installation methods
You can choose to install JBoss EAP using any of the three types of installation methods:
- Installer method
- Archive installation method
- RPM installation method
This documentation only covers the archive installation process.
Depending on your requirements, each installation method is useful in certain situations.
The following table provides a brief overview of each type of installation methods.
Table 1.1. Installation Methods
You can install JBoss EAP using RPM packages on supported installations of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 or later.
1.2. Downloading and installing JBoss EAP using archive installation method
You can download and install JBoss EAP using the archive installation method on Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL and on Microsoft Windows server.
- You are on a supported operating system.
- You have set up an account on the Red Hat Customer Portal.
- You have Installed a supported Java Development Kit (JDK).
- You have reviewed the JBoss EAP 8 supported configurations and have ensured that your system is supported.
Microsoft Windows only: You have set the
If you do not set up the environment variables the shortcuts will not work.
- Log in to the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platformfrom the
Versiondrop-down list, select
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
8.0.0in the list and click the Download link.
- Optional: Move the archive file to the server and location where you want to install JBoss EAP.
Depending on your operating system, choose one of the following options:
For Red Hat Enterprise Linux, extract the archive file by entering the following command in the management CLI:
$ unzip jboss-eap-8.0.0.zip
For Windows Server, right-click the archive file and select
EAP_HOMEis the top-level directory for the JBoss EAP installation. Create the directory by extracting the archive file.
- For more information about configuring your JBoss EAP server, see our configuration guide.
1.3. Uninstalling JBoss EAP archive installation
Depending on your work environment, the archive installation method might not meet the needs of your environment. You can remove the instance of JBoss EAP and any services associated with it. Thereafter, you can install JBoss EAP using a suitable installation method.
- You have archived any modified configuration files and deployments that you can reuse at a later stage.
- Delete the installation directory to uninstall JBoss EAP.
- Delete any scripts that depend on JBoss EAP being installed on your machine.