Chapter 2. Prerequisites
2.1. JBoss EAP 6 Installation Prerequisites
JBoss EAP is available under the Red Hat JBoss Developer Program or the Full Red Hat JBoss Commercial Program. For more information about the Red Hat JBoss Developer Program, see Section 1.3, “About the Red Hat JBoss Developer Program”. For more information about the Full Red Hat JBoss Commercial Program, see Section 1.4, “About the Full Red Hat JBoss Commercial Program”. The following steps describe the prerequisites for both programs.
- Review the supported configurations and ensure your system is supported: https://access.redhat.com/articles/111663.
- If you set up an account on the Red Hat Customer Portal and are participating in the Full Red Hat JBoss Commercial Program, ensure that your system is up to date with Red Hat issued updates and errata.
- You must grant administration privileges for the installation directory.
- Ensure that the chosen Java development kit has been extracted (or installed). See the Java development kit documentation for information on how to do this.
- On Microsoft Windows Server, ensure that the JAVA_HOME and PATH environment variables have been set, otherwise shortcuts will not work.
- On Hewlett-Packard HP-UX, ensure that an
unziputility has been installed.