1.7. About Domain Controller Discovery and Failover
Example 1.1. Host controller configured with multiple domain controller options
<domain-controller> <remote security-realm="ManagementRealm"> <discovery-options> <static-discovery name="primary" host="172.16.81.100" port="9999"/> <static-discovery name="backup" host="172.16.81.101" port="9999"/> </discovery-options> </remote> </domain-controller>
- The name for this domain controller discovery option
- The remote domain controller's host name.
- The remote domain controller's port.
--backupoption can be promoted to act as the domain controller.
--backupoption will cause that controller to maintain a local copy of the domain configuration. This configuration will be used if the host controller is reconfigured to act as the domain controller.
Procedure 1.1. Promoting a host controller to be the domain controller
- Ensure the original domain controller has, or is, stopped.
- Use the Management CLI to connect to the host controller that is to become the new domain controller.
- Execute the following command to configure the host controller to act as the new domain controller.
- Execute the following command to reload the host controller.