11.3.0 Release Notes and Known Issues
Highlighted features in Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 11.3.0
Chapter 1. About Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack is a set of Eclipse-based development tools. It further enhances the IDE functionality provided by Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio, with plug-ins specifically for use when developing for other Red Hat JBoss products.
JBoss Business Process and Rules Development plug-ins provides design, debug and testing tooling for developing business processes for Red Hat JBoss BRMS and Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite. For more information, see the Red Hat JBoss BRMS documentation and Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite documentation.
JBoss Data Virtualization Development plug-ins provide a graphical interface to manage various aspects of Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization instances, including the ability to design virtual databases and interact with associated governance repositories. For more information, see the Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization documentation.
JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack and JBoss Developer Studio are released asynchronously and current information about each of the JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack components can be found in the associated Red Hat JBoss product documentation. The documentation is available from https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/ on the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Chapter 2. About This Release
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 11.3.0 is an update for JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 11.2.0.
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 11.3.0 includes the following components:
- BPEL 1.4.0.Final
- BPMN2 1.4.3.Final
- Drools 7.5.0.Final
- SwitchYard 2.4.1.Final
- Teiid Designer 11.1.3.Final
The following is a list of important component changes for JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack:
- The Fuse Tooling component is now part of the JBoss Developer Studio core.
- The SwitchYard component is deprecated in JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 11.0.0 and is not available from JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 12.0.0 onwards.
For a complete list of components in this release, together with information about operating systems, chip architectures, and Java developer kits supported by this release, see Components And Supported Configurations on the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Chapter 3. Resolved Issues
3.1. BPMN2 1.4.3.Final
- Bug #533540 - wide subprocesses are changed to width =1000 when opening the diagram
3.2. Teiid Designer 11.1.3.Final
- TEIIDDES-2782 - Copy paste sql to the transformation editor is not parsable
- TEIIDDES-3187 - Datatypes aren’t imported with "JDBC Database >> Source Model" importer
- TEIIDDES-3176 - Error modeling virtual model against Teiid 10.x: A parser for teiid instance version 10 is not available
- TEIIDDES-3171 - Executing SQL for multiple statements against a VDB in data tools SQL Editor fails due to closed connection
- TEIIDDES-3188 - Generate model from DDL with UDF doesn’t work
- TEIIDDES-3034 - Importing Virtual Procedure DDL containing a simple RETURNS type add a Result Set to procedure
- TEIIDDES-3196 - Importing from Salesforce through Teiid Connection Import doesn’t work
- TEIIDDES-3174 - Infinispan-hotrod MXD is not set after JDG materialization wizard
- TEIIDDES-2865 - JDBC importer imports MSSQL Server datatype numeric(9,[0-9]) as bigdecimal with zero precision
- TEIIDDES-3175 - MED for JDG7 set wrong NAMESPACE and properties prefix
- TEIIDDES-3165 - Missing native and index metadata tag in .vdb when infinispan translator is overriding .vdb
- TEIIDDES-3169 - Missing native tag in Teiid Importer
- TEIIDDES-3162 - ModuleNotFoundException occurs with dynamic vdb including UDF Jars
- TEIIDDES-3189 - NPE after set function category during creating UDF
- TEIIDDES-3195 - Preview VDB from salesforce source model has wrong namespace set
- TEIIDDES-3167 - Teiid Connection Import - The deployment timeout once edited will not work
- TEIIDDES-3170 - Temporary MXD files are not getting cleaned up/removed for each session
- TEIIDDES-3163 - Translator override properties can not be updated after re-generating a dynamic vdb
- TEIIDDES-3180 - Validation error resolving temp table references in INSERT clause for virtual procedure
- TEIIDDES-3076 - executed vdbs and query previews completely freeze designer
Chapter 4. Known Issues
The issues mentioned in this section are the most important blocker or critical known issues for this release.
4.1. BPMN2 1.4.3.Final
- RHBPMS-283 - By JBDS community version name is used for a jbpm.version variable in jBPM project’s pom.xml
- RHBPMS-1536 - Process is deformed when special characters are used
- RHBPMS-1928 - service task workitemhandler node parsing error in JBDS
- RHBPMS-4102 - Constant assignment can not be used for service task input parameter
4.2. Drools 7.5.0.Final
4.3. SwitchYard 2.4.1.Final
- SWITCHYARD-2960 - Performance issues with SY tooling
4.4. Teiid Designer 11.1.3.Final
- TEIIDDES-2365 - Validate the JDBC username and password in the default teiid instance.
- TEIIDDES-2508 - Import From an LDAP Server Failed to Model Table
- TEIIDDES-2608 - Model editor blank after restarting JBDS
- TEIIDDES-2630 - Procedure Writing in Teiid
- TEIIDDES-2689 - LDAP dialogue too slow - loads a lot of data?
- TEIIDDES-2747 - DV 6.2 Tooling installation instructions not using JBoss Central
- TEIIDDES-2793 - Invalid conversion from type class org.teiid.core.types.BinaryType to type class java.lang.String
- TEIIDDES-2874 - Oracle Views import with no columns via "JDBC Importer"
- TEIIDDES-2880 - New preview not working with table that calls UDF function
- TEIIDDES-2883 - Issue with Fedora 24 and GTK3
- TEIIDDES-2889 - Inconsistent errors in Problems View
- TEIIDDES-2898 - JDBC import wizard (update) stops after importing 1 database of 3
- TEIIDDES-2906 - Server editor doesn’t save teiid password when contains exclamation mark
- TEIIDDES-2927 - Connection to remote DV doesn’t work
- TEIIDDES-2940 - Moving model out of folder breaks imports
- TEIIDDES-2953 - Static VDB with JDG materialization has a warning after deploy
- TEIIDDES-3060 - Duplicate UUID on VDB generated from Teiid Designer
- TEIIDDES-3069 - odata4 fails to return data on top of mongoDB view model
- TEIIDDES-3121 - Create Web Service model from remote WSDL doesn’t work on Windows
- TEIIDDES-3147 - Import a REST service source and view model crashes
- TEIIDDES-3157 - Remote server doesn’t work when it is defined alone
- TEIIDDES-3158 - TeiidDesigner not responding during work with remote server
- TEIIDDES-3172 - Teiid Designer Crashes under GTK3
- TEIIDDES-3192 - NPE when infinispan-hotrod is not set in the server
- TEIIDDES-3197 - Run SQL query first time causes exceptions