Red Hat Training
A Red Hat training course is available for Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
11.0.0 Release Notes and Known Issues
Highlighted features in Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 11.0.0
Misha Husnain Ali
Chapter 1. About Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack is a set of Eclipse-based development tools. It further enhances the IDE functionality provided by Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio, with plug-ins specifically for use when developing for other Red Hat JBoss products.
JBoss Fuse Development plug-ins provide tooling for Red Hat JBoss Fuse, specifically for integrating and developing software components that work with ActiveMQ and Camel.
JBoss Business Process and Rules Development plug-ins provides design, debug and testing tooling for developing business processes for Red Hat JBoss BRMS and Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite. For more information, see the Red Hat JBoss BRMS documentation and Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite documentation.
JBoss Data Virtualization Development plug-ins provide a graphical interface to manage various aspects of Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization instances, including the ability to design virtual databases and interact with associated governance repositories. For more information, see the Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization documentation.
JBoss Integration and SOA Development plug-ins provide tooling for developing, configuring and deploying SwitchYard and Fuse applications to Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works, Red Hat JBoss Fuse and Fuse Fabric containers, and Apache Karaf instances. For more information, see the Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works documentation and the Red Hat JBoss Fuse documentation.
JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack and JBoss Developer Studio are released asynchronously and current information about each of the JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack components can be found in the associated Red Hat JBoss product documentation. The documentation is available from https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/ on the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Chapter 2. About This Release
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 11.0.0 is an upgrade for Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 10.3.0.
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 11.0.0 includes the following components:
- BPEL 1.4.0.Final
- BPMN2 1.4.0.Final
- Drools 7.0.1.Final
- SwitchYard 2.4.0.Final
The following is a list of important component changes for JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack:
- The Fuse Tooling component is now part of the JBoss Developer Studio core.
- The Teiid Designer component is excluded in JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 11.0.0 but will be available in subsequent releases.
- The SwitchYard component is deprecated in JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 11.0.0 and will not be available from JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 12.0.0 onwards.
For a complete list of components in this release, together with information about operating systems, chip architectures, and Java developer kits supported by this release, see Components And Supported Configurations on the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Chapter 3. Resolved Issues
3.1. BPMN2 1.4.0.Final
- Bug 516959 - update pom.xml - upgrade tycho-version 0.26.0
- Bug 504045 - Cannot save Diagram after moving a Task from Lane to Canvas
- Bug 514579 - org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.runtime.jboss.feature.group license differs from EPL license text
- Bug 516607 - Copy/Pase of a Participant results in a duplicated Participant element
- Bug 516847 - Wrong color schema in Linux GTK
- Bug 517258 - Property Dialog should not reset last position and size
- Bug 517869 - [release] soa.bpmn2-modeler 1.4.0
3.2. Drools 7.0.1.Final
- DROOLS-1511 - NullPointerException when running sample projects
3.3. SwitchYard 2.4.0.Final
- SWITCHYARD-3012 - Create separate SwitchYard Help plug-in
- SWITCHYARD-3011 - SwitchYard editor doesn’t work in Oxygen
- SWITCHYARD-3009 - Update the version of Fuse to 10.0.0
- SWITCHYARD-2991 - Warn users if they use depricated SY 1.x
Chapter 4. Known Issues
The issues mentioned in this section are the most important blocker or critical known issues for this release.
4.1. BPMN2 1.4.0.Final
- RHBPMS-4102 - Constant assignment can not be used for service task input parameter
- RHBPMS-1928 - service task workitemhandler node parsing error in JBDS
- RHBPMS-1536 - Process is deformed when special characters are used
- RHBPMS-283 - By JBDS community version name is used for a jbpm.version variable in jBPM project’s pom.xml
4.2. Drools 7.0.1.Final
- RHBRMS-1416 - MVELExprAnalyzer assesses a correct date syntax as error
4.3. SwitchYard 2.4.0.Final
- SWITCHYARD-2960 - Performance issues with SY tooling