10.3.0 Release Notes and Known Issues
Highlighted features in Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 10.3.0
Chapter 1. About Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack is a set of Eclipse-based development tools. It further enhances the IDE functionality provided by JBoss Developer Studio, with plug-ins specifically for use when developing for other Red Hat JBoss products.
JBoss Fuse Development plug-ins provide tooling for Red Hat JBoss Fuse, specifically for integrating and developing software components that work with ActiveMQ and Camel.
JBoss Business Process and Rules Development plug-ins provides design, debug and testing tooling for developing business processes for Red Hat JBoss BRMS and Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite. For more information, see the Red Hat JBoss BRMS documentation and Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite documentation.
JBoss Data Virtualization Development plug-ins provide a graphical interface to manage various aspects of Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization instances, including the ability to design virtual databases and interact with associated governance repositories. For more information, see the Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization documentation.
JBoss Integration and SOA Development plug-ins provide tooling for developing, configuring and deploying SwitchYard and Fuse applications to Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works, Red Hat JBoss Fuse and Fuse Fabric containers, and Apache Karaf instances. For more information, see the Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works documentation and the Red Hat JBoss Fuse documentation.
JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack and JBoss Developer Studio are released asynchronously and current information about each of the JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack components can be found in the associated Red Hat JBoss product documentation. The documentation is available from https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/ on the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Chapter 2. About This Release
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 10.3.0 is an upgrade for Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 10.2.0.
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack 10.3.0 includes the following components:
- BPEL 1.1.0.Final_1.3.300.Final
- BPMN2 1.3.3.Final_1.3.1.Final
- Drools 6.5.1.Final
- Fuse Tooling 9.2.0.Final
SwitchYard 1.x is now deprecated in the SwitchYard Tooling component and SwitchYard 2.x should be used instead.
- Teiid Designer 11.0.1.Final
For a complete list of components in this release, together with information about operating systems, chip architectures, and Java developer kits supported by this release, see Components And Supported Configurations on the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Chapter 3. Resolved Issues
3.1. Fuse Tooling 9.2.0.Final
- FUSETOOLS-2378 - Rename Fuse Tooling Remote Archetype Catalog as it supports Fuse 6.2.1-
- FUSETOOLS-2377 - Support Camel 2.18.x version corresponding to FIS 2.0 patch
- FUSETOOLS-2372 - Use FIS 2.0 first patch image by default
- FUSETOOLS-2357 - Provide support to Fuse 6.3.0 R2
- FUSETOOLS-2356 - Sometimes ResourceException in log when checking for CamelContentType
- FUSETOOLS-2351 - Improve implementation of hashCode/equals of Camel JMX Node to avoid usage of connection (and freeze of several seconds with slow connection)
- FUSETOOLS-2336 - Hystrix EIP not available in palette
- FUSETOOLS-2317 - Provide Graphical remote debug of Camel routes for route provided by JMX navigator over RMI
- FUSETOOLS-2316 - Provide graphical remote debug of Camel routes using palette
- FUSETOOLS-2328 - Rest DSL - apiContextPath marked as error: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'apiContextPath' is not allowed to appear in element 'restConfiguration'.
- FUSETOOLS-2327 - CXF code first template is not available
- FUSETOOLS-2325 - Project from "SpringBoot on Openshift" template is created with errors
- FUSETOOLS-2320 - Improve Camel debug connection interaction and status in Debug view
- FUSETOOLS-2319 - ClassCastException in LayoutDiagramFeature.mapDiagramToGraph
- FUSETOOLS-2318 - Provide graphical remote debug of Camel routes using JolokiaJMX
- FUSETOOLS-2315 - DataFormat global configuration - JAXB Error "attribute 'objectFactory' is not allowed to appear in element 'jaxb'"
- FUSETOOLS-2314 - Marshal/Unmarshal component doesn’t display properties
- FUSETOOLS-2307 - Breakpoints not displayed for remote Camel Context
- FUSETOOLS-2304 - NullPointerException in SetEndpointBreakpointFeature.getContextFile
- FUSETOOLS-2303 - ResourceException below CamelNatureTester.isCamelNatureDefined (thrown in Resource.checkExists)
- FUSETOOLS-2302 - NullPointerException in CamelLocalLaunchPropertyTester.retrieveMavenModel
- FUSETOOLS-2301 - ResourceException below CamelFilesFinder.findFiles (thrown in Resource.checkExists)
- FUSETOOLS-2299 - NullPointerException in CamelDebugTarget.breakpointRemoved
- FUSETOOLS-2298 - FileNotFoundException below CamelContextFileTab$2$1$1.add (thrown in FileInputStream.open0)
- FUSETOOLS-2297 - Missing Border for JMX Password field in Local Camel Context launch configuration JMX Tab
- FUSETOOLS-2296 - NullPointerException in CamelModelNotificationService.calculateRelatedPictogramElements
- FUSETOOLS-2292 - Broken synchronization between Details and Advanced tab in Properties view
- FUSETOOLS-2287 - Stack in log when stopping a camel route when some breakpoints are defined on it
- FUSETOOLS-2281 - Content Assist does not work in XML source tab of Camel Editor for Camel Blueprint based routes
- FUSETOOLS-2280 - Default value for javatype="char" is not displayed in properties view, the field is left blank
- FUSETOOLS-2218 - The & char is not displayed in tooltips
- FUSETOOLS-2187 - Add missing options for Marshall component to Camel Editor Properties view
- FUSETOOLS-2179 - don’t show content of target/* in Camel Contexts
- FUSETOOLS-2172 - Do not log a warning 'Start search of Camel Java Route'
- FUSETOOLS-2082 - Lots of errors when working with invalid camel route
- FUSETOOLS-1938 - Breakpoint hit style is kept on diagram after resuming execution
- FUSETOOLS-1831 - NullPointerException in UpdateCommand.updateFigure
3.2. SwitchYard 2.3.1.Final
Chapter 4. Known Issues
The issues mentioned in this section are the most important blocker or critical known issues for this release.
4.1. Issues in JBoss Developer Studio Affecting Fuse Tooling
The following issues are critical issues are from JBoss Developer Studio and can affect the Fuse Tooling in JBoss Developer Studio Integration Stack:
- JBIDE-19971 - OSE v2 prompts user to enter kerberos credentials from command line while importing an application
- JBIDE-23123 - tooling blocks docker cert files even after cdk is stopped on Windows
- JBIDE-22695 - Environment Variables of application deployment should have different workflow
- JBIDE-21953 - 10.1.2.2 as host private network IP not working on (RH) VPN
- JBIDE-21849 - [AP] Not able to list services under a project after login to AP
- JBIDE-23422 - Server Adapter: Node.js debug session is terminated after ~1 minute and browser shows 502 error
- JBIDE-24222 - CDK3 Server adapter: fails to detect that cdk3 Beta3 was successfully started (on macos/xhyve?)
4.2. BPMN2 1.3.3.Final_1.3.1.Final
- RHBPMS-283 - By JBDS community version name is used for a jbpm.version variable in jBPM project’s pom.xml
- RHBPMS-1536 - Process is deformed when special characters are used
- RHBPMS-1928 - service task workitemhandler node parsing error in JBDS
- RHBPMS-4102 - Constant assignment can not be used for service task input parameter
4.3. Drools 6.5.1.Final
4.4. Fuse Tooling 9.2.0.Final
4.5. Teiid Designer 11.0.1.Final
- TEIIDDES-3076 - executed vdbs and query previews completely freeze designer
- TEIIDDES-812 - DDL Export XSLT files need to be upgraded/improved
- TEIIDDES-2243 - expansion in tree stuctures do not expand
- TEIIDDES-2365 - Validate the JDBC username and password in the default teiid instance.
- TEIIDDES-2508 - Import From an LDAP Server Failed to Model Table
- TEIIDDES-2608 - Model editor blank after restarting JBDS
- TEIIDDES-2630 - Procedure Writing in Teiid
- TEIIDDES-2689 - LDAP dialogue too slow - loads a lot of data?
- TEIIDDES-2747 - DV 6.2 Tooling installation instructions not using JBoss Central
- TEIIDDES-2782 - Copy paste sql to the transformation editor is not parsable
- TEIIDDES-2793 - Invalid conversion from type class org.teiid.core.types.BinaryType to type class java.lang.String
- TEIIDDES-2874 - Oracle Views import with no columns via "JDBC Importer"
- TEIIDDES-2880 - New preview not working with table that calls UDF function
- TEIIDDES-2883 - Issue with Fedora 24 and GTK3
- TEIIDDES-2889 - Inconsistent errors in Problems View
- TEIIDDES-2898 - JDBC import wizard (update) stops after importing 1 database of 3
- TEIIDDES-2919 - When multiple resource-adapters are defined for the same type, incorrect info is seen in Teiid Conn. Impoter
- TEIIDDES-2927 - Connection to remote DV doesn’t work
- TEIIDDES-2940 - Moving model out of folder breaks imports
- TEIIDDES-2953 - Static VDB with JDG materialization has a warning after deploy
- TEIIDDES-3060 - Duplicate UUID on VDB generated from Teiid Designer
- TEIIDDES-3069 - odata4 fails to return data on top of mongoDB view model
4.6. SwitchYard 2.3.1.Final
- SWITCHYARD-2960 - Performance issues with SY tooling