2. Update a JBoss Developer Studio 8.0.x Installation
You can update an existing JBoss Developer Studio 8.0.x installation to JBoss Developer Studio 8.0.y. This is because they are based on the same base version of Eclipse, namely Luna (4.4).
Before updating, you are advised to back up your workspace. In addition to your project files, your workspace contains meta-data about customized settings and preferences for the IDE. To back up your workspace, either copy the workspace directory to a backup location or save it as a compressed file.
You may be automatically notified by the IDE when the JBoss Developer Studio 8.0.y update is available, depending on your IDE settings for automatic updates. Alternatively, instructions are given here for manually checking for and applying the JBoss Developer Studio 8.0.y update.
To manually locate and apply the JBoss Developer Studio 8.0.y update, complete the following steps:
- In the IDE, click Window→Preferences, expand Install/Update and click Available Software Sites.
- In the Available Software Sites table, ensure the URL https://devstudio.redhat.com/updates/8.0/ is listed or, if not listed, add it.
- Close the Preferences window.
- Click Help→Check for Updates.
- For any JBoss Developer Studio updates found, follow the on-screen instructions to apply the update.
During the update process you may receive warnings about installing unsigned content. If this is the case, review the details of the content and if satisfied click OK to continue with the update. Once updating is complete, you are prompted to restart the IDE. Click Yes to restart immediately and No if you need to save any unsaved changes to open projects. Note that IDE changes do not take effect until the IDE is restarted.
If you have installed additional plug-ins from JBoss Central and updated versions of these plug-ins are available with this release of JBoss Developer Studio, you must update the plug-ins independently after first updating JBoss Developer Studio. To install the updated version of an already installed plug-in, from the JBoss Central Software/Update tab select to install the plug-in as if it is new and follow the installation wizard instructions.