6. Install JBoss Developer Studio Stand-alone and JBoss EAP
A single installer is provided for both JBoss Developer Studio stand-alone and Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform. A specific JBoss EAP version is packaged in the installer; for details of the JBoss EAP version see https://access.redhat.com/articles/427493. This installer is available from a variety of sources, including the Red Hat Customer Portal.
To install JBoss Developer Studio stand-alone and JBoss EAP, complete the following steps:
- Locate and download Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio <version> Installer with EAP.
- Start the installer
$ cd /path/to/.jar $ java -jar jboss-devstudio-version-installer-eap.jarAlternatively, you may be able to start the installer by double-clicking the
.jarfile. On OS X systems, hold control and click the
.jarfile, click Open, review the
.jarfile details and if satisfied click Open.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to continue the installation process.
- At installer step 5, when asked if you want to install JBoss EAP, click Yes.
Figure 5. Check Box Selected for Installing JBoss EAP
- Continue to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
This additional installer option installs JBoss EAP in a subdirectory of the JBoss Developer Studio installation and generates a complete default server definition within the IDE with which to manage the JBoss EAP instance and deployed applications.