4. Install JBoss Developer Studio BYOE when Offline
A .zip file is provided for installing JBoss Developer Studio BYOE in offline mode. This archive is available from a variety of sources, including the Red Hat Customer Portal and https://devstudio.jboss.com/updates/8.0/.
You must first be online to download the
.zipfile before proceeding to installing JBoss Developer Studio BYOE in offline mode.
To install JBoss Developer Studio BYOE in offline mode, complete the following steps:
- Locate and download Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio <version> Update Site Zip.
- Start Eclipse Luna.
- Click Help→Install New Software.
- In the Work with field, enter the path of the
.zipfile. Alternatively, click Add and click Archive to locate the file.
- From the table of components, select JBoss Developer Studio <version> - Bring Your Own Eclipse and click Next.
Figure 2. JBoss Developer Studio version - Bring Your Own Eclipse Selected for Installation
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
During the installation process you may receive warnings about installing unsigned content. If this is the case, review the details of the content and if satisfied click OK to continue with the installation.
Once installation is complete, you are prompted to restart Eclipse. Click Yes to restart immediately and No if you need to save any unsaved changes to open projects. Note that IDE changes do not take effect until Eclipse is restarted.