Language and Page Formatting Options
1.2. Download JBoss Data Virtualization Installer
The JBoss Data Virtualization installer archive is available on the Red Hat Customer portal at https://access.redhat.com/.
- Set up an account on the Red Hat Customer Portal at https://access.redhat.com/.
- Ensure your Red Hat subscriptions are up to date.
- Review the supported configurations and ensure your system is supportable.
- Ensure that you have administration privileges for the installation directory.
- Ensure that JAVA_HOME and PATH have been set in the Environment properties for shortcuts to work on Microsoft Windows servers.
- A Java 7 or 8 JDK is required.
NoteIf you intend to use Red Hat SSO, you must have at least Java 7. Java 7 is also a minimum requirement for the Impala, Hive and HBase data sources. Java 1.7 or greater is also required if you wish to use the file translator or Data Services Builder. Also note that if you intend to access Red Hat JBoss Data Grid 7.1, Red Hat JDV must be running JDK 1.8.
- Optional: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.x if you do not want to use the version of Red Hat JBoss EAP that comes bundled with the Data Virtualization installer.
Procedure 1.1. Download JBoss Data Virtualization Installer
- Go to https://access.redhat.com/.
- Click Log in and enter your Red Hat Login and Password to access the Customer Portal.
- Click Downloads -> Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization.
- Click Download next to the Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization [Version] Installer option.
- Save the file.