Chapter 9. Business Resource Planner
Business Resource Planner is a lightweight, embeddable planning engine that optimizes planning problems. It helps normal Java™ programmers solve planning problems efficiently, and it combines optimization heuristics and metaheuristics with very efficient score calculations.
Planner helps solve various use cases like the following:
- Employee/Patient Rosters. Planner helps create timetables for nurses and keeps track of patient bed management.
- Educational Timetables. Planner helps schedule lessons, courses, exams, and conference presentations.
- Shop Schedules. Planner tracks car assembly lines, machine queue planning, and workforce task planning.
- Cutting Stock. Planner minimizes waste by reducing the consumption of resources such as paper and steel.
9.1. Installing Business Resource Planner
- Navigate to the Red Hat Customer Portal and log in with your user credentials.
- Select DOWNLOADS at the top of the page.
- In the Product Downloads page that opens, select Red Hat JBoss BRMS.
- From the Version drop-down menu, select version 6.3.
- Select Red Hat JBoss BRMS 6.3.0 Business Resource Planner and click Download.