2.5. Creating users
- Run ./add-user.sh on a Unix system or add-user.bat on a Windows system from the bin directory.
- Enter b to select an Application User at the type of user prompt and press Enter.
- Accept the default Realm (ApplicationRealm): by pressing Enter.
- At the username prompt, enter a user name and confirm. For example:
NoteMake sure that the usernames don't conflict with any known groups. For example, if there is a group called
admin, you should not create a user with the username
- Create the user's password at the password prompt and reenter the password. For example:
NoteThe password should be at least 8 characters in length and should contain upper and lower case alphabetic characters (e.g. A-Z, a-z), at least one numerical character (e.g. 0-9) and at least one special character (e.g. ~ ! @ # $ % ^ * ( ) - _ + =).
- Enter a comma separate list of roles the user will need at the roles prompt (refer to Section 2.4, “Defining Roles”).Business Central users need to have the
- Confirm you want to add the user.
- Enter yes at the next prompt (this is to enable clustering in the future if required).