Chapter 7. Enabling notifications and integrations for drift events
7.1. Enabling notifications and integrations
You can enable the notifications service on Red Hat Hybrid Cloud Console to send notifications whenever the drift service detects an issue and generates an alert. Using the notifications service frees you from having to continually check the Red Hat Insights for Red Hat Enterprise Linux dashboard for alerts.
For example, you can configure the notifications service to automatically send an email message whenever the drift service detects a baseline change, or to send an email digest of all the alerts that the drift service generates each day.
In addition to sending email messages, you can configure the notifications service to send event data in other ways:
- Using an authenticated client to query Red Hat Insights APIs for event data
- Using webhooks to send events to third-party applications that accept inbound requests
- Integrating notifications with applications such as Splunk to route drift events to the application dashboard
Enabling the notifications service requires three main steps:
- First, an Organization Administrator creates a User access group with the Notifications administrator role, and then adds account members to the group.
- Next, a Notifications administrator sets up behavior groups for events in the notifications service. Behavior groups specify the delivery method for each notification. For example, a behavior group can specify whether email notifications are sent to all users, or just to Organization administrators.
- Finally, users who receive email notifications from events must set their user preferences so that they receive individual emails for each event.
For more information about how to set up notifications for drift alerts, see Red Hat Insights Notifications.