Release Notes for Red Hat Insights
Chapter 1. Introduction to Red Hat Insights
Red Hat Insights is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering that provides continuous, in-depth analysis of registered Red Hat-based systems to proactively identify threats to security, performance and stability across physical, virtual and cloud environments, and container deployments.
Red Hat Insights analyzes select files on a system, getting smarter with each additional piece of intelligence and data. Red Hat Insights can automatically discover relevant information, proactively recommend tailored next actions, and even automate tasks with Ansible Playbooks. Using Red Hat Insights, customers can benefit from the experience and technical knowledge of Red Hat Certified Engineers, making it easier to identify, prioritize, and resolve issues before business operations are affected.
As a SaaS offering, Red Hat Insights regularly updates and expands its knowledge base to reflect new IT challenges that can impact the stability of mission-critical systems.
1.1. Required Entitlements
As of May 2019, Red Hat Insights is free, offered as part of the value of your Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription. No additional entitlements are required to use Insights.
Chapter 2. May 2019 release
2.1. New Features
This Red Hat Insights release includes the following major features:
- Red Hat Insights now included free as part of your RHEL subscription: As of Red Hat Summit 2019, Red Hat Insights is now included with Red Hat Enterprise Linux as part of the value of subscription. All supported versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 6, 7, and 8 can now use Insights.
- Red Hat Insights now at cloud.redhat.com: Red Hat Insights has moved to cloud.redhat.com, Red Hat’s cloud portal for interacting with Red Hat Software-as-a-Service applications.
This Red Hat Insights release includes the following enhancements:
- Red Hat Insights installed by default on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8: To make it even easier to get up and running with Red Hat Insights, the Insights client now comes preinstalled, by default, on all Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 downloads and partner public-cloud images, reducing the amount of steps needed for use. Although installed, the system must still register with the Insights service to enable the client.
- Insights-client now available in additional EUS, E4S & AUS Channels: Starting with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5, Red Hat Insights began shipping v3 of our client (insights-client) to replace v1 (redhat-access-insights). To enable our customers to use all of the latest Insights features on all supported Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, 7, and 8 versions, we’ve made the v3 client available for RHEL 7.2, 7.3, and 7.4-supported EUS, E4S, and AUS channels.
- Streamlined UI for viewing Insights rules and results: With the move to cloud.redhat.com, Red Hat Insights UI is redesigned to provide a more streamlined experience viewing Insights results for the most common workflows. Additional filtering enables customized views for all Insights results, and additional metadata for each rule has been added for easy access and consumption.
In addition to adding new rules on a regular basis, Red Hat Insights has added the following new areas of coverage:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8: With the launch of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 8, Red Hat Insights has created several rules to expose potential optimizations when running RHEL 8 workloads.
- Amazon Web Services: Working in partnership with Amazon, additional rules for Red Hat Insights were developed to identify known misconfigurations and optimizations when running RHEL on Amazon Web Services infrastructure.
- Microsoft SQL Server: Working in partnership with Microsoft, Red Hat Insights is able to identify known misconfigurations and optimizations, when running Microsoft SQL server on RHEL.
Chapter 3. More Information About Red Hat Insights
Learn more about Red Hat Insights from the following resources:
Revised on 2019-09-12 14:26:52 UTC