Chapter 3. Deployment workflow
The workflow for deploying Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure for Virtualization (RHHI for Virtualization) is as follows:
- Verify that your planned deployment meets support requirements: Chapter 2, Support requirements.
- Install the physical machines that will act as virtualization hosts: Chapter 4, Install Host Physical Machines.
- Configure key-based SSH authentication without a password to enable automated configuration of the hosts: Chapter 5, Configure Public Key based SSH Authentication without a password.
- Configure Red Hat Gluster Storage on the physical hosts using the Cockpit UI: Chapter 6, Configure Red Hat Gluster Storage for Hosted Engine using the Cockpit UI.
- Deploy the Hosted Engine using the Cockpit UI: Chapter 7, Deploy the Hosted Engine using the Cockpit UI.
- Configure the Red Hat Gluster Storage nodes using the Red Hat Virtualization management UI: Log in to Red Hat Virtualization Manager to complete configuration.