Chapter 17. Launching Red Hat Storage Server for Public Cloud
17.1. Launching Red Hat Storage Instances
- Navigate to the Amazon Web Services home page at http://aws.amazon.com. The Amazon Web Services home page appears.
- Login to Amazon Web Services. The Amazon Web Services main screen is displayed.
- Click the Amazon EC2 tab. The Amazon EC2 Console Dashboard is displayed.
- Click Launch Instance.The Step 1: Choose an AMI screen is displayed.
- Click Select for the corresponding AMI and click Next: Choose an Instance Type. The Step 2: Choose an Instance Type screen is displayed.
- Select Large as the instance type, and click Next: Configure Instance Details . The Step 3: Configure Instance Details screen displays.
- Specify the configuration for your instance or continue with the default settings, and click Next: Add Storage The Step 4: Add Storage screen displays.
- In the Add Storage screen, specify the storage details and click Next: Tag Instance. The Step 5: Tag Instance screen is displayed.
- Enter a name for the instance in the Value field for Name, and click Next: Configure Security Group. You can use this name later to verify that the instance is operating correctly. The Step 6: Configure Security Group screen is displayed.
- Select an existing security group or create a new security group and click Review and Launch.You must ensure to open the following TCP port numbers in the selected security group:
- 6000, 6001, 6002, 443, and 8080 ports if Red Hat Storage for OpenStack Swift is enabled
- Choose an existing key pair or create a new key pair, and click Launch Instance.