Show Table of Contents
Chapter 2. Installing Red Hat Gluster Storage
Red Hat Gluster Storage can be installed in a data center using Red Hat Gluster Storage Server On-Premise.
This chapter describes the three different methods for installing Red Hat Gluster Storage Server: using an ISO image, using a PXE server, or using the Red Hat Satellite Server.
For information on launching Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for Public Cloud, see the Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration Guide.
- Technology preview packages will also be installed with this installation of Red Hat Gluster Storage Server. For more information about the list of technology preview features, see chapter Technology Previews in the Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.5 Release Notes.
- When you clone a virtual machine that has Red Hat Gluster Storage Server installed, you need to remove the
/var/lib/glusterd/glusterd.infofile (if present) before you clone. If you do not remove this file, all cloned machines will have the same UUID. The file will be automatically recreated with a UUID on initial start-up of the glusterd daemon on the cloned virtual machines.
2.1. Obtaining Red Hat Gluster Storage
This chapter details the steps to obtain the Red Hat Gluster Storage software.
2.1.1. Obtaining Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-Premise
Visit the Software & Download Center in the Red Hat Customer Service Portal (https://access.redhat.com/downloads) to obtain the Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-Premise installation ISO image files. Use a valid Red Hat Subscription to download the full installation files, obtain a free evaluation installation, or follow the links in this page to purchase a new Red Hat Subscription.
To download the Red Hat Gluster Storage Server installation files using a Red Hat Subscription or a Red Hat Evaluation Subscription:
- Visit the Red Hat Customer Service Portal at https://access.redhat.com/login and enter your user name and password to log in.
- Click Downloads to visit the Software & Download Center.
- In the Red Hat Gluster Storage Server area, clickto download the latest version of the software.
2.1.2. Obtaining Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for Public Cloud
Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for Public Cloud is pre-integrated, pre-verified, and ready to run the Amazon Machine Image (AMI). This AMI provides a fully POSIX-compatible, highly available, scale-out NAS and object storage solution for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud infrastructure.
For more information about obtaining access to AMI, see https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/articles/145693.