Show Table of Contents
2.9. Installing Native Client
Native Client is a FUSE-based client in the user space. Native Client is the recommended method for accessing Red Hat Gluster Storage volumes when high concurrency and high write performance is required.
Red Hat Gluster Storage server supports the Native Client version which is the same as the server version and the preceding version of Native Client . For list of releases see:https://access.redhat.com/solutions/543123.
Use the Command Line to Register and Subscribe a System to Red Hat Subscription Management
Register the system using the command line, and subscribe to the correct repositories.
- Know the user name and password of the Red Hat Subscription Manager account with Red Hat Gluster Storage entitlements.
- Run the
subscription-manager registercommand to list the available pools. Select the appropriate pool and enter your Red Hat Subscription Manager user name and password to register the system with Red Hat Subscription Manager.
# subscription-manager register
- Depending on your client, run one of the following commands to subscribe to the correct repositories.
For more information, see Section 3.1 Registering and attaching a system using the Command Line in Using and Configuring Red Hat Subscription Management.
- For Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 clients:
# subscription-manager repos --enable=rh-gluster-3-client-for-rhel-8-x86_64-rpms
- For Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x clients:
# subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-7-server-rpms --enable=rh-gluster-3-client-for-rhel-7-server-rpms
NoteThe following command can also be used, but Red Hat Gluster Storage may deprecate support for this repository in future releases.
# subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-7-server-rh-common-rpms
- For Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 and later clients:
# subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-6-server-rpms --enable=rhel-6-server-rhs-client-1-rpms
- Verify that the system is subscribed to the required repositories.
# yum repolist
Use the Web Interface to Register and Subscribe a System
Register the system using the web interface, and subscribe to the correct channels.
- Know the user name and password of the Red Hat Subsrciption Management (RHSM) account with Red Hat Gluster Storage entitlements.
- Log on to Red Hat Subscription Management (https://access.redhat.com/management).
- Click the Systems link at the top of the screen.
- Click the name of the system to which the Red Hat Gluster Storage Native Client channel must be appended.
- Click Subscribed Channels section of the screen.in the
- Expand the node for Additional Services Channels for
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for x86_64,
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for x86_64,
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 for x86_64or
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 for x86_64depending on the client platform.
- Click thebutton to finalize the changes.When the page refreshes, select the Details tab to verify the system is subscribed to the appropriate channels.
Install Native Client Packages
Install Native Client packages from Red Hat Network
- Run the
yum installcommand to install the native client RPM packages.
yum install glusterfs glusterfs-fuse