Chapter 2. Installing Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Technology preview packages will also be installed with this installation of Red Hat Gluster Storage Server. For more information about the list of technology preview features, see chapter Technology Previews in the Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.4 Release Notes.
- When you clone a virtual machine that has Red Hat Gluster Storage Server installed, you need to remove the
/var/lib/glusterd/glusterd.infofile (if present) before you clone. If you do not remove this file, all cloned machines will have the same UUID. The file will be automatically recreated with a UUID on initial start-up of the glusterd daemon on the cloned virtual machines.
2.1. Obtaining Red Hat Gluster Storage
2.1.1. Obtaining Red Hat Gluster Storage Server for On-Premise
- Visit the Red Hat Customer Service Portal at https://access.redhat.com/login and enter your user name and password to log in.
- Click Downloads to visit the Software & Download Center.
- In the Red Hat Gluster Storage Server area, clickto download the latest version of the software.