Chapter 1. Overview
- Support to quickly create and manage storage clusters and volumes.
- Multilevel administration to enable administration of physical infrastructure as well as administration of virtual objects.
1.1. System Components
- Red Hat Gluster Storage Console
- The Red Hat Gluster Storage Console is a centralized management system and is used to view and manage storage servers. Red Hat Gluster Storage Console features include search capabilities, resource management, and provisioning. The Red Hat Gluster Storage Console runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x systems.The console provides a graphical user interface (GUI) to administer the storage environment's physical and logical resources. The console manages provisioning, user sessions, and high availability / clustering.The Red Hat Gluster Storage Console exposes an Administration Portal and an Application Programming Interface (API).
- The Administration Portal is used for set up, configuration, and management tasks for the Red Hat Gluster Storage environment.
- The REST API is an interface used to automate manual user tasks. Scripts for the REST API can be written in any language that supports accessing HTTP and HTTPS resources.