Procedure 2.1. Creating a tag
- In tree mode or flat mode, click the resource tab for which you wish to create a tag. For example, Hosts.
- Click the Tags tab. Select the node under which you wish to create the tag. For example, click the root node to create it at the highest level. The New button is enabled.
- Click New at the top of the Tags pane. The New Tag dialog box displays.
- Enter the Name and Description of the new tag.
- Click Tags tab.. The new tag is created and displays on the
Procedure 2.2. Modifying a tag
- Click the Tags tab. Select the tag that you wish to modify. The buttons on the Tags tab are enabled.
- Click Edit on the Tags pane. The Edit Tag dialog box displays.
- You can change the Name and Description of the tag.
- Click Tags tab.. The changes in the tag display on the
Procedure 2.3. Deleting a tag
- Click the Tags tab. The list of tags will display.
- Select the tags to be deleted and click Remove Tag(s) dialog box displays.. The
- The tags are displayed in the dialog box. Check that you are sure about the removal. The message warns you that removing the tags will also remove all descendants of the tags.
- Click Tags tab. The tags are also removed from all the objects to which they were attached.. The tags are removed and no longer display on the
Procedure 2.4. Adding or removing a tag to or from one or more object instances
- Search for the objects that you wish to tag or untag so that they are among the objects displayed in the results list.
- Select one or more objects on the results list.
- Click the Assign Tags button on the tool bar or right-click menu option.
- A dialog box provides a list of tags. Select the check box to assign a tag to the object, or deselect the check box to detach the tag from the object.
- Click. The specified tag is now added or removed as a custom property of the selected objects.
- Follow the search instructions in Section 2.2, “Search” , and enter a search query using “tag” as the property and the desired value or set of values as criteria for the search.The objects tagged with the tag criteria that you specified are listed in the results list.