11.7. Event Notifications
11.7.1. Managing Event Notifiers
To set up event notifications:
- Click the Users tab. The list of authorized users for Red Hat Gluster Storage Console displays.
- Select the user who requires notification, or perform a search if the user is not visible on the results list.
- Click the Event Notifier tab. The Event Notifier tab displays a list of events for which the user will be notified, if any.
- Click the Add Event Notification dialog box displays a list of events for Services, Hosts, Volumes, Hooks, and General Management events. You can select all, or pick individual events from the list. Click the button to see complete lists of events.button. The
Figure 11.6. The Add Events Dialog Box
- Enter an email address in the Mail Recipient: field.
- Click Event Notifier tab for the user.to save changes and close the window. The selected events display on the
- Configure the ovirt-engine-notifier service on the Red Hat Gluster Storage Console.
ImportantThe MAIL_SERVER parameter is mandatory.The event notifier configuration file can be found in /usr/share/ovirt-engine/services/ovirt-engine-notifier/ovirt-engine-notifier.conf. The parameters for event notifications in ovirt-engine-notifier.conf are listed in Table 11.3, “ovirt-engine-notifier.conf variables”
Table 11.3. ovirt-engine-notifier.conf variables
Variable name Default Remarks INTERVAL_IN_SECONDS 120 The interval in seconds between instances of dispatching messages to subscribers. MAIL_SERVER none The SMTP mail server address. Required. MAIL_PORT 25 The default port of a non-secured SMTP server is 25. The default port of a secured SMTP server (one with SSL enabled) is 465. MAIL_USER none If SSL is enabled to authenticate the user, then this variable must be set. This variable is also used to specify the "from" user address when the MAIL_FROM variable is not set. Some mail servers do not support this functionality. The address is in RFC822 format. MAIL_PASSWORD none This variable is required to authenticate the user if the mail server requires authentication or if SSL is enabled. MAIL_ENABLE_SSL false This indicates whether SSL should be used to communicate with the mail server. HTML_MESSAGE_FORMAT false The mail server sends messages in HTML format if this variable is set to "true". MAIL_FROM none This variable specifies a "from" address in RFC822 format, if supported by the mail server. MAIL_REPLY_TO none This variable specifies "reply-to" addresses in RFC822 format on sent mail, if supported by the mail server. DAYS_TO_KEEP_HISTORY none This variable sets the number of days dispatched events will be preserved in the history table. If this variable is not set, events remain on the history table indefinitely. DAYS_TO_SEND_ON_STARTUP 0 This variable specifies the number of days of old events that are processed and sent when the notifier starts. If set to 2, for example, the notifier will process and send the events of the last two days. Older events will just be marked as processed and won't be sent. The default is 0, so no old messages will be sent at all during startup.
- Start the ovirt-engine-notifier service on the Red Hat Gluster Storage Console. This activates the changes you have made:
# /etc/init.d/ovirt-engine-notifier start
To cancel event notification:
- In the Users tab, select the user or the user group.
- Select the Event Notifier tab. The Details pane displays the events for which the user will receive notifications.
- Click the Add Event Notification dialog box displays a list of events for Servers, Gluster Volume, and General Management events. To remove an event notification, deselect events from the list. Click the Expand All button to see the complete lists of events.button. The
- Click Event Notifier tab for the user.. The deselected events are removed from the display on the