Chapter 13. Monitoring Red Hat Gluster Storage using Nagios
Figure 13.1. Nagios deployed on Red Hat Gluster Storage Console Server
13.1. Configuring Nagios
configure-gluster-nagioscommand, ensure that all the Red Hat Gluster Storage nodes are configured.
configure-gluster-nagioscommand manually only the first time with cluster name and host address on the Nagios server using the following command:
# configure-gluster-nagios -c cluster-name -H HostName-or-IP-addressFor
-c, provide a cluster name (a logical name for the cluster) and for
-H, provide the host name or ip address of a node in the Red Hat Gluster Storage trusted storage pool.
- Perform the steps given below when
- Confirm the configuration when prompted.
- Enter the current Nagios server host name or IP address to be configured all the nodes.
- Confirm restarting Nagios server when prompted.
# configure-gluster-nagios -c demo-cluster -H HostName-or-IP-address Cluster configurations changed Changes : Hostgroup demo-cluster - ADD Host demo-cluster - ADD Service - Volume Utilization - vol-1 -ADD Service - Volume Split-Brain - vol-1 -ADD Service - Volume Status - vol-1 -ADD Service - Volume Utilization - vol-2 -ADD Service - Volume Status - vol-2 -ADD Service - Cluster Utilization -ADD Service - Cluster - Quorum -ADD Service - Cluster Auto Config -ADD Host Host_Name - ADD Service - Brick Utilization - /bricks/vol-1-5 -ADD Service - Brick - /bricks/vol-1-5 -ADD Service - Brick Utilization - /bricks/vol-1-6 -ADD Service - Brick - /bricks/vol-1-6 -ADD Service - Brick Utilization - /bricks/vol-2-3 -ADD Service - Brick - /bricks/vol-2-3 -ADD Are you sure, you want to commit the changes? (Yes, No) [Yes]: Enter Nagios server address [Nagios_Server_Address]: Cluster configurations synced successfully from host ip-address Do you want to restart Nagios to start monitoring newly discovered entities? (Yes, No) [Yes]: Nagios re-started successfullyAll the hosts, volumes and bricks are added and displayed.
- Login to the Nagios server GUI using the following URL.
- The default Nagios user name and password is nagiosadmin / nagiosadmin.
- You can manually update/discover the services by executing the
configure-gluster-nagioscommand or by running
Cluster Auto Configservice through Nagios Server GUI.
- If the node with which auto-discovery was performed is down or removed from the cluster, run the
configure-gluster-nagioscommand with a different node address to continue discovering or monitoring the nodes and services.
- If new nodes or services are added, removed, or if snapshot restore was performed on Red Hat Gluster Storage node, run