Chapter 7. Managing Volumes
7.1. Creating a Volume
Procedure 7.1. Creating a Volume
- Click the Volumes tab. The Volumes tab lists all volumes in the system.
- Click the New Volume window is displayed.. The
Figure 7.1. New Volume
- Select the cluster from the Volume Cluster drop-down list.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the volume.
NoteYou can not create a volume with the name volume.
- Select the type of the volume from the Type drop-down list. You can set the volume type to Distribute, Replicate or Distributed Replicate.
- Creating replicated volumes with replica count more than 3 is under technology preview.
- As necessary, click Add Bricks to add bricks to your volume.
NoteAt least one brick is required to create a volume. The number of bricks required depends on the type of the volume.For more information on adding bricks to a volume, see Section 7.6.1, “Adding Bricks”.
- Configure the Access Protocol for the new volume by selecting NFS, or CIFS, or both check boxes.
- In the Allow Access From field, specify the volume access control as a comma-separated list of IP addresses or hostnames.You can use wildcards to specify ranges of addresses. For example, an asterisk (*) specifies all IP addresses or hostnames. You need to use IP-based authentication for Gluster Filesystem and NFS exports.You can optimize volumes for virt-store by selecting .
- Click Volume tab. The volume is configured, and group and storage-owner-gid options are set.to create the volume. The new volume is added and displays on the