Chapter 2. Support Requirements
- All installations of Red Hat Virtualization and Red Hat Gluster Storage must have valid subscriptions to Red Hat Network channels and Subscription Management repositories.
- Red Hat Virtualization installations must adhere to the requirements laid out in the Red Hat Virtualization Installation Guide: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_virtualization/4.1/html-single/installation_guide/#System_Requirements.
- Red Hat Gluster Storage installations must adhere to the requirements laid out in the Red Hat Gluster Storage Installation Guide: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_gluster_storage/3.2/html/installation_guide/chap-planning_red_hat_storage_installation.
- Red Hat Gluster Storage installations must be completely up to date with the latest patches and upgrades. Refer to the Red Hat Gluster Storage 3.2 Installation Guide to upgrade to the latest version: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_gluster_storage/3.2/html/installation_guide/.
- The versions of Red Hat Virtualization and Red Hat Gluster Storage integrated must be compatible, according to the table in Section 2.2, “Compatible Versions”.
- A fully-qualified domain name must be set for each hypervisor and Red Hat Gluster Storage server node. Ensure that correct DNS records exist, and that the fully-qualified domain name is resolvable via both forward and reverse DNS lookup.
- To reduce the risk of split-brain conditions developing in the cluster, Red Hat requires three-way replication when using Red Hat Gluster Storage with Red Hat Virtualization. Three-way replication is provided by three-way replicated volumes (
replica 3), three-way distributed replicated volumes (
replica count 3), and arbitrated replicated and distributed arbitrated replicated volumes (
replica 3 arbiter 1).