Language and Page Formatting Options
12.3. Tiering Limitations
The following limitations apply to the use Tiering feature:
- Tiering works only with
cache friendlyworkloads. Attaching a tier volume to a cache unfriendly workload will lead to slow performance. In a
cache friendlyworkload, most of the reads and writes are accessing a subset of the total amount of data. And, this subset fits on the hot tier. This subset should change only infrequently.
- Tiering feature is supported only on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 based Red Hat Gluster Storage. Tiering feature is not supported on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 based Red Hat Gluster Storage.
- In this release, only Fuse and NFSv3 access is supported. Server Message Block (SMB) and NFSv4 access to tiered volume is not supported.
- Snapshot clones are not supported with the tiered volumes.
- When you run
tier detach commit force, ongoing I/O operation may fail with Transport endpoint is not connected error.
- Files with hardlinks and softlinks are not migrated.
- Files on which POSIX locks has been taken are not migrated until all locks are released.