Chapter 3. Fuse on OpenShift
Fuse on OpenShift enables you to deploy Fuse applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
3.1. Supported version of OpenShift
Fuse on OpenShift is supported on OpenShift Container Platform 4.x and OpenShift Container Platform 3.11. For details of the supported version (or versions) of OpenShift Container Platform to use with Fuse on OpenShift, see the Supported Configurations page.
3.2. Supported images
Fuse on OpenShift provides the following Docker-formatted images:
fuse7/fuse-java-openshift-rhel8— Spring Boot
fuse7/fuse-java-openshift-jdk11-rhel8— Spring Boot
fuse7/fuse-karaf-openshift-rhel8— Apache Karaf
fuse7/fuse-eap-openshift-jdk8-rhel7— Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
fuse7/fuse-eap-openshift-jdk11-rhel8— Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
fuse7/fuse-console-rhel8— Fuse console
fuse7/fuse-console—rhel8-operator— Fuse console operator
fuse7/fuse-apicurito-generator-rhel8— Apicurito REST application generator
fuse7/fuse-apicurito-rhel8— Apicurito REST API editor
fuse7/fuse-apicurito-rhel8-operator— API Designer Operator
3.3. New features in Fuse 7.9 on OpenShift
Fuse on OpenShift provides following new features in version 7.9:
Support for JDK 11
Fuse 7.9 offers support for building the Fuse on OpenShift quickstarts using JDK 11.
Running quickstarts with
Fuse 7.9 uses new
openshift-maven-pluginwhen building and running the Fuse on OpenShift quickstarts with Maven archtypes.
3.4. Important notes
Important notes for the Fuse 7.9 release of the Fuse on OpenShift distribution:
- Data Virtualization has been removed
- Data Virtualization is deprecated since Fuse 7.7 and has been removed from Fuse 7.8.
- Spring Boot 1 is has been removed
- Spring Boot 1 is deprecated since Fuse 7.7 and has been removed from Fuse 7.8. We recommend that you migrate your Spring Boot applications to Spring Boot 2, following the guidance in the Spring Boot 2.0 Migration Guide.
- Fabric8 Maven plugin is now deprecated
- Fabric8 Maven plugin is deprecated and replaced with OpenShift Maven plugin since Fuse 7.9. Use OpenShift Maven plugin to build and deploy your applications.
- Running quickstarts with JDK11
- Use the correct JDK11 profile during the compile time if you want to use JDK11 based image at runtime. When building and deploying the quickstarts using JDK11, ensure that you have installed JDK11 on your build machine and then build your quickstarts using the correct JDK11 profile.
eap-camel-jpaquickstart has been removed
eap-camel-jpaquickstart has been removed from Fuse 7.8 due to an issue with a dependency.
- Jolokia not externally accessible on Fuse 7.8
- Starting in Fuse 7.8, Jolokia default protocol is switched from HTTP to HTTPS.