Language and Page Formatting Options
Chapter 1. Fuse 7.11 Product Overview
1.1. Fuse distributions
Fuse 7.11 is provided in the form of three different distributions, as follows:
- Fuse standalone
The classic distribution of Fuse, supported on multiple operating systems. This distribution is supported for the following container types:
- Apache Karaf
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
- Spring Boot
- Fuse on OpenShift
The distribution of Fuse for running integration applications on OpenShift (supported on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system). In this case, the supported container types are provided in the form of docker-formatted container images:
- Java image (for Spring Boot)
- Apache Karaf image
- JBoss EAP image
- Fuse Online
The distribution of Fuse for non-expert integrators with a simplified workflow accessed through a browser based UI. This distribution is available for the following kinds of deployment:
- On an OpenShift Dedicated (OSD) cluster.
- For installation on an on-premises OpenShift cluster
1.2. New features
Fuse 7.11 includes several major component upgrades and a large selection of new features. For details, consult the new features sections for each of the Fuse distributions:
1.3. Important Notes
- CVE-2020-8908 guava
- A temp directory creation vulnerability exist in Guava versions prior to 30.0. We recommend updating Guava to version 30.0 or later, or update to Java 7 or later, or to explicitly change the permissions after the creation of the directory if neither are possible.
- Red Hat CodeReady studio is scheduled for sunset
- Red Hat CodeReady studio is scheduled for sunset. JBoss Tools(community) is the succeeding toolkit.
1.4. Supported Configurations
For running Fuse in Apache Karaf, we recommend OpenJDK 8u282 or OpenJDK 8u302. Do not use OpenJDK 8u292, which has a known issue affecting the credential store (see ENTESB-16417). OracleJDK 1.8.0_291 is also affected by this issue.
For information about supported configurations, standards, and components in version 7.11, see the following Customer Portal articles: