2.2. Updating Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisors
Procedure 2.2. Updating Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisors
- Log in to the system hosting the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager as the
- Ensure that you have the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor repository enabled:
# subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-6-server-rhevh-rpms
- Update the rhev-hypervisor package:
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor 6:
# yum update rhev-hypervisor6
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor 7:
# yum update rhev-hypervisor7
- From the Administration Portal, click the Hosts tab, and then select the Hypervisor that you intend to upgrade.
- If the Hypervisor requires updating, an alert message under Action Items and an icon next to the Hypervisor's name indicate that a new version of the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor is available.
- If the Hypervisor does not require updating, no alert message or icon is displayed and no further action is required.
- Click Upgrade to open the Upgrade Host confirmation window.
- Select the appropriate Hypervisor ISO image.
- Click Hosts tab, and the status will transition through these stages:. The details of the Hypervisor are updated in theThese are all expected, and each stage will take some time.
- Non Responsive
- Restart the Hypervisor to ensure all updates are correctly applied.