1.2. Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization REST API Prerequisites
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization REST API Prerequisites
- A networked installation of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager, which includes the REST API.
- A client or programming library that initiates and receives HTTP requests from the REST API. For example:
- Python software development kit (SDK)
- Java software development kit (SDK)
- cURL command line tool
- RESTClient, a debugger for RESTful web services
- Knowledge of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), which is the protocol used for REST API interactions. The Internet Engineering Task Force provides a Request for Comments (RFC) explaining the Hypertext Transfer Protocol at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt.