9.4. Manually Adding a Hypervisor from the Administration Portal
Procedure 9.2. Adding a Host to the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
- From the Administration Portal, click the Hosts resource tab.
- Click New Host window.to open the
- Use the drop-down menu to select the Data Center and Host Cluster for the new host.
ImportantRed Hat recommends to keep Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 hosts in different clusters.
- Enter the Name and the Address of the new host. The standard SSH port, port 22, is auto-filled in the SSH Port field.
- Select an authentication method to use for the Manager to access the host.
- Enter the root user's password to use password authentication.
- Alternatively, copy the key displayed in the SSH PublicKey field to
/root/.ssh/authorized_keyson the host to use public key authentication.
- Click thebutton to expand the advanced host settings.
- Optionally disable automatic firewall configuration.
- Optionally add a host SSH fingerprint to increase security. You can add it manually, or fetch it automatically.
- You can configure power management, where the host has a supported power management card. For information on power management configuration, see Host Power Management Settings Explained in the Administration Guide.
Installing, and you can view the progress of the installation in the details pane. After a brief delay the host status changes to Up.