Chapter 9. Rebooting the Overcloud
- If rebooting all nodes in one role, it is advisable to reboot each node individually. This helps retain services for that role during the reboot.
- If rebooting all nodes in your OpenStack Platform environment, use the following list to guide the reboot order:
Recommended Node Reboot Order
- Reboot the director
- Reboot Controller nodes
- Reboot Ceph Storage nodes
- Reboot Compute nodes
- Reboot object Storage nodes
9.1. Rebooting the Director
- Reboot the node:
$ sudo reboot
- Wait until the node boots.
$ sudo systemctl list-units "openstack*" "neutron*" "openvswitch*"
$ source ~/stackrc $ nova list $ ironic node-list $ heat stack-list