Appendix A. Components
diskimage-builderis an image building tool.
dib-utilscontains tools that
- os-collect-config, os-refresh-config, os-apply-config, os-net-config
- A suite of tools used to configure instances.
tripleo-image-elementsis a repository of
diskimage-builderstyle elements for installing various software components.
diskimage-builderstyle elements on the current system. This enables a current running system to have an element applied in the same way that
diskimage-builderapplies the element to an image build.
instack-undercloudis the Undercloud installer based around
- The OpenStack Ironic project is responsible for provisioning and managing bare metal instances.
ironic-discoverddiscovers hardware properties for newly enrolled nodes.
- The OpenStack Tuskar project is responsible for planning of deployments
Deployment and Orchestration
- The OpenStack Heat project is an orchestration tool. It reads YAML files describing the OpenStack environment’s resources and sets those resources into a desired state.
openstack-heat-templatesrepository contains additional image elements for producing disk images for Puppet configuration using Heat.
openstack-tripleo-heat-templatesrepository describe the OpenStack environment in Heat Orchestration Template YAML files and Puppet manifests. Tuskar processes these templates, which develop into an actual environment through Heat.
- OpenStack Puppet modules are used to configure the OpenStack environment through
tripleo-puppet-elementsdescribe the contents of disk images which the director uses to install Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.
- Provides a GUI to install and manage OpenStack. It is implemented as a plugin to the Horizon dashboard.
- Provides GUI enhancements for
tuskar-ui. It is implemented as a plugin to the Horizon dashboard.
python-openstackclientis a CLI tool that manages multiple openstack services and clients.
python-rdomanager-oscpluginis a CLI tool embedded into
python-openstackclient. It provides functions related to
instackinstallation and initial configuration.