Chapter 1. Installing RHEL 8 for SAP Solutions
For Kickstart installation, use Server as your base environment and take into account the recommendations from the SAP HANA Storage Requirements. For a test system, you can remove the default
/home file system allocation and use a large root (
/) file system.
You have downloaded the installation image for the desired and supported RHEL 8 minor release from the Red Hat Customer Portal.Important
SAP HANA is supported only on particular minor releases of RHEL 8 (for example RHEL 8.2). For more information on which minor RHEL 8 releases are supported by SAP, see the SAP note 2235581.
- You have downloaded the installation media for the desired and supported SAP HANA 2 SPS04 or SPS05 revision from the SAP Software Downloads Portal.
Boot your server from the RHEL 8 installation source.
For more information on how to boot your server from the RHEL 8 image, see Performing a standard RHEL installation.
- Select the language and click Continue.
- Under LOCALIZATION, select the desired keyboard layout, supported languages, and time and date.
- Under SOFTWARE, click Software Selection.
In the Software Selection window, select Server as your Base Environment and click Done.Note
Do not select any additional software.
- Under SYSTEM, click Installation Destination.
In the Installation Destination window, select the storage configuration according to your needs and click Done.Note
Take into account the recommendations from the SAP HANA Storage Requirements. For a test system, you can remove the default
/homefile system allocation and use a large root (
/) file system.
- Under SYSTEM, click Network & Host Name, and configure your network connection.
- Click Begin Installation.
Configure USER SETTINGS:
- To set the root password, click Root Password.
- To set user, user name, and password, click User Creation.
- Once RHEL is successfully installed, click Reboot.