Chapter 37. Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host 7.2.7
This release doesn’t include any updated images and the latest version of Atomic Host cloud images remains at 7.2.6-1. The latest "Red Hat Atomic Host Installer" ISO image remains at 7.2.3-1 as well. OSTree has been updated and new deployments can be created with any of those images and updated to the latest release by running the
atomic host upgrade command.
37.1. Atomic Host
New Tree Version: 7.2.7 (hash: dae35767902aad07b087d359be20f234d244da79fdd4734cd2fbc3ee39b12cf8)
Changes since Tree Version 7.2.6 (hash: 347c3f5eb641e69fc602878c646cf42c4bcd5d9f36847a1f24ff8f3ec80f17b1)
37.2.1. Container Images
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Container Image (rhel7/rhel)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Tools Container Image (rhel7/rhel-tools)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic rsyslog Container Image (rhel7/rsyslog)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic sadc Container Image (rhel7/sadc)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic cockpit-ws Container Image (rhel7/cockpit-ws)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic etcd Container Image (rhel7/etcd)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Kubernetes-controller Container Image (rhel7/kubernetes-controller-mgr)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Kubernetes-apiserver Container Image (rhel7/kubernetes-apiserver)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Kubernetes-scheduler Container Image (rhel7/kubernetes-scheduler)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic SSSD Container Image (rhel7/sssd) (Technology Preview)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic openscap Container Image (rhel7/openscap) (Technology Preview)
37.3. New Features
docker-latest has been upgraded to version 1.12.1
The docker-latest packages are now version 1.12.1. The following article has been updated to reflect the changes Introducing docker-latest for RHEL 7 and RHEL Atomic Host.
docker 1.12 uses runc as a runtime environment
Since docker version 1.11,
runcis used instead of
libcontainerfor container runtime. The docker-latest packages contain 1.12, and
runccan be found in
docker-runcis for internal use only by docker. If you want to use the runc command, you still need the runc package installed on your system. For RHEL Atomic Host, it is part of the OSTree by default, and for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, it is available as a separate package.Important
Red Hat does not support modifying which runc binary is used by docker.
docker swarm is now available
As of 1.12 release, the upstream Docker project has embedded Docker Swarm in the docker binary. To avoid any unintended bugs, Red Hat has chosen to include Swarm as an unsupported add-on. For container orchestration, Red Hat recommends OpenShift and Kubernetes.