Chapter 15. Overview of installation process on IBM Power System LC servers
Use this information to install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 on a non-virtualized or bare metal IBM Power System LC server.
The installation workflow follows these general steps:
- Check the system requirements
- Download the required installation ISO image
- Create an installation boot medium
- Complete the prerequisites and boot the firmware
- Connect to the BMC firmware to set up network connection
- Connect to the BMC firmware with IPMI
Choose the installation boot method:
- Booting the installation from a USB device
- Booting the installation using the Baseboard Management Controller
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- For a list of virtualization options, see Supported Linux distributions and virtualization options for POWER8 and POWER9 Linux on Power systems.