Chapter 3. Creating a customized system image with an embed subscription using Red Hat Image Builder
You can create customized system images using Red Hat Image Builder that have a subscription activation key already embedded and upload those images to the cloud target environment.
3.1. Embedding an automatic subscription during the image creation by using Red Hat Image Builder
You can create images that have a subscription activation key already embedded and with that, selecting to perform the registration during image creation time.
- Access Red Hat Image Builder at cloud.redhat.com. You are redirected to the Red Hat Image Builder dashboard.
- Click Create image dialog window opens. . A
In the Image Output window, select the following:
- From the dropdown menu, select the Release.
From the Cloud options, select the desired target(s) cloud environment.
- In the Target Environment window, enter the account information related to the chosen cloud or clouds.
In the Registration window, select the option Embed an activation key and register systems on first boot.
- Your Organization ID is filled in automatically.
- Enter your Activation key and click .
Optional: In the Additional packages window, select the packages to add to your image.
In the Review window, review the information and click .
Red Hat Image Builder builds a RHEL 8.3 image with the options you have chosen. You are redirected to the Red Hat Image Builder Images dashboard, where you can see details such as the Image UUID, the target cloud, the release, and the status of the image creation.