Chapter 15. Setting up system-wide cryptographic policies in the web console
You can choose from predefined system-wide cryptographic policy levels and switch between them directly in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux web console interface. If you set a custom policy on your system, the web console displays the policy in the Overview page as well as the Change crypto policy dialog window.
- The RHEL 8 web console has been installed. For details, see Installing and enabling the web console.
- You have administrator privileges.
- Log in to the RHEL web console. For more information, see Logging in to the web console.
- In the Configuration card of the Overview page, click your current policy value next to Crypto policy.
- In the Change crypto policy dialog window, click on the policy level that you want to start using.
- Click the Apply and reboot button.
- Log back in and check that the Crypto policy value corresponds to the one you selected.